You Are Reading

0

How to use a Dual Shock controller in Beat Hazard

Blurrity Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Last month, I came across to know about this newly launched game called Beat Hazard. The demo was really great so I decided to purchase it. It's a shooter game based on music of your own choice, it's like Geometry Wars + your music. The input methods for the game are keyboard + mouse or a Xbox 360 controller for Windows version.

I was playing it with keyboard + mouse until I found an old China made dual shock controller in the storage. So I hooked it up with my computer and decide to give it a try with Beat Hazard. Unfortunately it wasn't recognized by the game because it wasn't a Xbox controller.

So I google'd around and I found out an interesting controller emulator to emulate my dual shock controller into a Xbox 360 controller. You can get it in here.

To make it work, just download the file from the link above and extract everything in it into your Beat Hazard's folder ("The default would be C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/beat hazard"). You can run XInputTest.exe to verify the button maps, if necessary, you could change it by editing x360ce.ini in the same folder. Also make sure that xinput1_3.dll is in the same folder. If nothing goes wrong, you should be able to use a controller for your Beat Hazard game now.

More info here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1232832

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Blurrity@Blogspot.com